Wednesday, 17 January 2007

Blank Screen

It was very hard today to revert back to writing new material for the work-in-progress after being in editor mode for the past two days. But I slogged away and eventually managed to grind out my morning’s quota. Then, as my knee is still sore, I skipped today’s run and drove to Tesco instead (such excitement!). When I came back, though, my laptop had died. It’s been playing up for a while, being temperamental, but this afternoon it refused to do anything. It powers up okay, but the screen stays blank. Nothing happens. So I phoned a local computer engineer, who didn’t hold out much hope for it. Maybe I could claim a new one as an allowable business expense? Spent the afternoon comparing prices of new laptops, which of course meant I did no actual work.

No comments: