Friday, 5 January 2007

Flora London Marathon Training 5

I've had The Secretary staying with me since Christmas Eve, which has been very pleasant, but she went home today. As I was driving her into Canterbury to catch the train back to London the exhaust fell off my car. This is the latest in a long list of things to go wrong with the wretched thing since I decided not to get rid of it in November. I should've dumped it when I had the chance – it's hardly fit for scrap at the moment.

It's back to work proper on Monday, but I made a bit of a start on a few bits and pieces today. It was really tough getting the brain into gear, so I think I'll have to do a bit more over the weekend. All over Christmas and New Year I've had ideas buzzing about my head, but today I sat in front of the computer like a complete dullard.

I blame the lack of alcohol.

Easy recovery run today, four miles over countryside tracks just to keep the knees aching. It was surprisingly warm once the wind had dropped. Of course, I spent the whole run thinking about my decision yesterday to resign from my position with the local writers group. Although I made an unpremeditated snap decision to go I think it was the right thing to do. Probably.

Distance: 4.32 miles Time: 34:11

No comments: