Friday, 19 January 2007

More expense

Last night my laptop packed in again. It had been fine all day, although I had been afraid to switch it off just in case, and I backed up everything every five minutes or so (very tedious). But after a break to watch the evening news, I returned to my desk to find the wretched thing had broken down irretrievably. Nothing on its screen but a dull grey blankness. I tried running the recovery disk, but even that wouldn’t work. I decided to leave it till this morning (sometimes a little peace and quiet seems to help it recover). Alas, this morning there was no improvement. I persevered, but I couldn’t bring it back to life. I’m now on the lookout for a very cheap replacement . . .

Meanwhile, my injured knee feels a lot better today – no pain, just some stiffness – so I’ll be back on the run tomorrow.

No comments: