Wednesday, 27 February 2008

Pole Dancing Writers

WARNING: PHOTOGRAPH OF POLE DANCING BELOW!

A good friend of mine, Janet Cameron, has just been given a commission for an article about how writers fund their writing projects, novels, degrees, etc. She is in the process of tracking down an American poet who funded her MA in Creative Writing by pole dancing in a San Francisco Club!

Meanwhile, she has asked me if I know about anybody else who has done anything unusual or eccentric to fund their writing and who would be willing to contribute some comments. Unfortunately, I don't - but maybe you do?

You can either post your contribution as a comment below, or leave your story on Janet's blog: http://www.janetcameronwriting.blogspot.com/

Many thanks, Bloggers!


2 comments:

Mary Witzl said...

Ooh, Paul -- racy photograph!

I'll nip over to Janet Cameron's site to leave my message. I once worked as a B-girl in a Japanese nightclub in San Francisco, but that was to fund my Master's degree. All I did was sing songs and chat up the clientele, but believe me, that was plenty.

Paul said...

Oh Mary, I'd love to know more! I guess I'll just have to wait till Janet has written her artticle . .