Tuesday, 9 September 2008

Success on a Plate

This time last year I was cursing the time I was spending editing an anthology of work by my writing group, Deal Writers. It seemed a lot of hard work for little reward. But in the end, it was worth it. View from the Pier, as we called it, was eventually published in November last year. It was so successful it had to be reprinted by the New Year and is still selling well.

Now I have learnt that View from the Pier has been awarded the Denise Robertson Silver Trophy for the best group anthology of the year. The award was made by the National Association of Writers Groups at a Gala Dinner in Durham. Sadly I couldn't be there, so the presentation was made to me this morning by my postman. What a fantastic surprise.

Naturally enough, everyone at Deal Writers is thrilled and delighted to have won this award. View from the Pier was our very first publication, and for it to have come first in such a highly-regarded national competition is an honour for everyone involved. It just goes to show what good writers we have here in East Kent!

No comments: