Wednesday, 19 November 2008

Society of Women Writers and Journalists

I was guest speaker at the south east regional meeting of the Society of Women Writers and Journalists in Brighton today. I had originally been invited simply to make up the numbers on their ‘panel of experts’ but as the day approached I was asked to speak about my experience as a man writing fiction for women’s magazines. The other speaker was the crime novelist Peter Lovesey. Peter’s first novel was WOBBLE TO DEATH in the early 1970s. WOBBLE TO DEATH introduced the redoubtable Victorian policemen, Cribb and Thackeray. He won the Gold Dagger Award in 1982 with THE FALSE INSPECTOR DEW and in 2000 joined the elite group of people awarded the Cartier Diamond Dagger Award. It was a real honour to share the platform with him.

Peter Lovesey, me, and SWWJ Chair Jean Morris

No comments: